Monday, November 19, 2012

Say What?


I read a blog titled “Election 2012” today and all though there were plenty of statements made; there wasn’t a lot of numbers or hard evidence to back up those statements.  A reader wants irrefutable evidence and statistics to be able to come to the same conclusion as the author or, in other words, to be convinced by the author to see the issue as they do.  Also, the embedded link is confusing because it does not lead to an individual article that the editorial refers to, but to the home page of the website.  This makes it very difficult to research the information being discussed.  I don't know about you but I like to research everything before I form my opinion. 

The message or purpose of the editorial is also very unclear. Is the editorial about the lack of early voting or is it about the fact that early voting was crowded because of everything that was on the ballad or is it about both?  The author should attempt to offer up a clear solution to a clear problem and I did not feel as if that was accomplished.  The author chose a very interesting topic that should be discussed, but as a reader, I was left with many unanswered questions.

No comments: